Items of Interest:
Housing downturn is a jolt to upscale Temecula -- In the inland city, sold as a sort of Napa of Southern California, as many as 15% of the 22,500 single-family homes may be bank-owned or in some stage of foreclosure...
Housing and the Oil Shock -- James Hamilton, Econbrowser
30 Yr. Mortgage Rates vs. 10 Yr. Treasury Yield -- Freddie Mac reported today that 30 year mortgage rates jumped to 6.32% last week, up from 6.09% the prior week...
FHA: Faulty Housing Assumptions? -- As I get older, I still have a sense of wonder at the degree to which the US Government is a major lending institution...
- Global Subprime: We Are All Connected - Seeking Alpha
- OFHEO: GSE's Loan Loss/Capital Reserve Requirements To Change - Seeking Alpha
- Is the Long Commute Still Worth It? - Seeking Alpha
- BlackRock CEO Larry Fink on Navigating Subprimes - MarketWatch video
- Pritzker, Predatory Subprime Pioneer, Still On Obama Team - Mortgage Lender Implode
- Obama Adviser Resigns as Loans Surface - Wall Street Journal