Items of Interest:
Confidence at Another 2008 Low -- Consumer confidence reached another new low for the year this week, moving within sight of its lowest in 22 years of weekly ABC News surveys.
The ABC News Consumer Comfort Index stands at -41 on its scale of +100 to -100, its second week at or below -40 – a level not seen since July 1993. It's far below its long-term average, -10, and within striking distance of its record low, -50 in early 1992.
Among other troubles, this week 78 percent of Americans say it's a bad time to spend money on things they want and need, the most since July 1992 and 2 points from the record. That may not bode well for the government's economic stimulus...
- Foreclosures Shape Banking Trends - Seeking Alpha
- Foreclosures: Pick a State, Any State - Seeking Alpha
- It Is Irrelevant What They Paid Or What They Owe - Housing Bubble
- Save Me Fannie! - Housing Doom
- Another Unnecessary Foreclosure? No. - Tanta, Calculated Risk
- Free Market In Jeopardy - Mr. Practical, Minyanville
- U.S. Banking System on the Fritz - Mr. Practical, Minyanville
- The Housing Bubble Goes Pop - Seeking Alpha
- All Quiet on the Western Front - Bill Gross, Pimco
- Treasury eyes stronger powers for Fed - FT
- A Closer Look at Stadium Subsidies - Dennis Coates, American
- Recession Without Falling GDP? - Rex Nutting, MarketWatch
- A Pampered Derby Champion’s Finicky Taste - NY Times