Items of Interest:
Mortgage fix - The clock is ticking -- Senate leaders reached a deal on Tuesday that could expedite help for the troubled housing market. But hurdles remain and time is running out.
The Senate, in a surprise move, has agreed to work out a bipartisan housing package that could come to the floor as soon as Wednesday.
Such deals - quickly brokered between Democratic and Republican leaders - will have to be the order of the day in both the Senate and the House if lawmakers hope to stem foreclosures this year...
- Looking for Bottom to the Subprime Crisis - Seeking Alpha
- Zillow takes on mortgage industry - Mortgage Insider
- Manhattan Condo, Co-op Sales Decline Most In 18yrs - NYC Housing Bubble
- False Ideology at the Heart of the Financial Crisis - George Soros, FT
- Be Careful What You Wish For... - Michael Marks, Forbes
- The Grand Delusion Rally - Randall Forsyth, Barron's
- Rewards Without Risks for Wall Street - Robert Reich, American Prospect
- The Road to a Bank Bailout - Desmond Lachman, The American
- Henry Paulson's Starting Point - Editorial, Washington Post
- The Mark-to-Market Melee - Daniel Gross, Slate
- Fed Should Clarify Link to Bear Assets - Caroline Baum, Bloomberg
- The Castration of Bear Stearns - Martin Sosnoff, Forbes