Items of Interest:
US home prices fell by a record in January -- Home prices in many cities continued to plunge by record levels in January as sellers cut their asking bids and rising foreclosures took their toll, new data showed Tuesday. . .
Home Prices Continue 5-Month Decline According to New Report -- SP/Case-Shiller Index reports record home price declines in majority of its 20 survey cities. . .
Existing Home Sales, Non Seasonally Adjusted, Explained - The Big Picture
Record Declines in Home Prices Continue - The Big Picture
Ben Bernanke: Reluctant Revolutionary -- In the latest moves to head off a catastrophe, Bernanke has pulled out all the stops, setting the stage for the next boom—or bubble. Business Week special report . . .
- Taxpayers, Markets Lose In Bear/Morgan Deal - Editorial, WSJ
- Should Bernanke Apologize to Grassley? - J. Pethokoukis, U.S. News
- The (Fed's) Hand Behind the Deal - Andrew Ross Sorkin, New York Times
- Bernanke's Bracket Breakdown - Kevin Depew, Minyanville
- Ben Bernanke Is My Kind of Guy - Larry Kudlow, RealClearPolitics
- Fed Rescue Halted Derivatives Chernobyl - A.E. Pritchard, Telegraph