left right politics showbiz tech invest good life gossip fun hot
Mother Jones Hot Air Huffpo Variety Engadget Seeking Alpha Lifehacker TheSuperficial Daily Beast reddit
Daily Kos Michelle Malkin Politico Billboard Boing Boing TheBigPicture Luxist TMZ.com Fark BuzzFeed
ThinkProgress RightWingNews First Read CNN Showbiz Gizmodo FT Alphaville Joystiq Perez Hilton 4chan memorandum
Crooks+Liars Power Line CNN ticker E! Online Techcrunch Josh Brown Kotaku gamer Bastardly Post Secret Techmeme
TalkngPtsMemo Ameri..Thinker Swampland TV Guide Ars Technica 24/7 Wall St. TreeHugger Egotastic hascheezburgr Drudge
The Raw Story NewsBusters The Caucus Ent. News Mashable bloggingstocks Consumerist PinkIsTheNew dooce digg
Wonkette Wizbang fishbowlDC HlywdWiretap Google blog DealBook lifehack.org CelebrityBaby Someth'nAwful trends
Atrios Taki Magazine WashWhisprs DeadlnHllywd Read/Write Jeff Matthews 43folders GoFugYourself Neatorama PSFK
Firedoglake Big Hollywood The Fix MSN Ent. OReilly Radar PhilsStockWorld Autoblog Page Six Cool Hunter BBC
Young Turks IMAO Capital Gains Rot'nTomatoes GigaOM Daily Rec'ng Deadspin BestWeekEver stereogum Timespop
Americablog AceOfSpades Open Secrets Cinematical ProBlogger Zero Hedge DownloadSqd Dlisted CuteOverload media eye
Politicususa Redstate WikiLeaks law Cool Tools Bespoke MediaZone PopSugar Dilbert blog TVNewser
CounterPunch Jawa Report econ law.alltop Scobleizer BtwTheHedges Deviant ArtHollyw'dTuna gapingvoid BuzzMachine
TalkLeft Patterico EconLog Volokh Consp. Apple Blog Minyanville Gothamist x17online DailyGrail MediaGazer
Feministing Townhall.com Freakonomics Legal Insurrec.. Valleywag Fast Money Curbed DailyBlabber Prof. Hex Steve Rubel
PolitAnimal OutsideBeltwy CrookedTimbr Conglomerate mozillaZine RealClearMkts FabSugar Gawker OvrheardinNY MediaBlgNRO
Truthdig Moonbattery MarginalRevo SportsLawBlog Smashing W$J Mktbeat Gridskipper Radar Last.fm Threat Level
Alternet RealClearPoli crime W$J Law BlogTechdirt AbnormalRtrns Material Defamer kottke.org Seth's blog
Media Matters Instapundit CrimeblogsBalkinizationMAKE RandomRoger Sartorialist Jossip PumpkinChuckin mediamatters
The Nation Hugh Hewitt All Crime Credit Slips SrchEngLand Stock Advisors Drink'nMadeEasy Just Jared Maps Mania Newshounds
Maddow Blog PJ Media Smoking Gun FindLaw VentureBeat Slope of Hope Mark Cuban Celebitchy CollegeHumor FAIR

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Duke Case: Please Help!


The gang rape allegations of the the alleged victim, Crystal Gail Mangum, keep decomposing day after day like a dead skunk in the Durham sun.

Why has the main stream media not released Ms. Mangum's full written statement that she made on April 6th? They have had it for months and they just keep doling it out a sentence at a time. It forces the hoax busters to use their HDTVs and TIVOs to try and figure out what the hell she said based on the analysis of screen shots from 60 Minutes. Enough of this silly game!

Here is a suggestion for the News & Observer, the Herald Sun, or any other news organization that gives a damn. If you want to help find the truth please publish Ms. Mangum's written statement. There can be no reason left on earth why it should not be made public ASAP.

> TalkLeft has done an excellent job pasting some of the pieces together so far:

We went into the bathroom and shut the door."

"Dan knocked on the door and asked if we wanted a drink. We said yes. He gave us a drink and we continued to talk."

"Nikki and I started crying."

"We ran out to the car screaming and crying."

"Nikki told me that they were sorry and that they were going to give us $1200 if we stay. Nikki and I got out of the car and went back into the house. As soon as we got back into the house, they were more excited and angry. They were screaming, 'We’re going to f you black b*tches"

"Nikki and I started to leave again, and three guys grabbed Nikki, Adam, Matt and Brett grabbed me. They separated us at the master bedroom door while we tried to hold on to each other."

"The boys hit and kicked me. Matt grabbed me and looked and me and said sweetheart you can‘t leave. He grabbed the back of my neck and said I‘m going to kill you (BLANK) (BLANK) if you don‘t shut up. They started kicking me in my behind and my back. Matt hit me in the face while Dan and Brett kicked me."

"I heard Nikki on the other side of the door, and when Adam opened the door she rushed in and helped Adam to get me dressed. They dragged me out to the car because my legs couldn't move. Nikki said, "What happened girl, did they hurt you," I said yes, and she said that she would get help for me."

"She wanted to take me to Raleigh and drop me off. But I told [name redacted] to take me home. She said that she would call the police. She took me to the Kroger on Hillsborough Rd. to call the police. She tried to get me out of the car before the police arrived, but I was afraid to get out. When the police came, she pulled me back into the car, and the police took me to the hospital from Kroger parking lot.

7:27 p.m.
I want to add that Adam ejaculated in my mouth and I spit it out onto the floor, part of it fell onto the floor after he pulled his [redacted]

Interesting note -- She claims in the April lineup that Reade did nothing else besides oral sex, but it is clear from her statement that he did do more than that (kicked her, helped her get dressed), but then maybe she thought Gottlieb was only referring to sexual acts and not physical ones?

Edit -- here are some other parts that I don't know where to fit in,

"Brett asked Nikki for a threesome with me"
"We need to stay and make more money"
Later: After thinking about this request for Ms. Mangum's statement for a bit it is probably pointless to ask the main stream media. Better to go to Matt Drudge.
Dear Matt:

Can you please get the written statement from the Duke rape accuser, Crystal Gail Mangum, and publish it. All the main stream media [redacted] have it and just won't release it.

If Mr. Drudge gets a few more of these in his DrudeReport tip box or at DRUDGE@DRUDGEREPORT.COM the statement might turn up.

Duke Lacrosse Case [TJN Archives]

Calculated Risk

MishTalk - Mike Shedlock

Paul Krugman - NY Times

The Big Picture - Barry Ritholtz

naked capitalism - Yves Smith

Pragmatic Capitalism

Washington's Blog

Safe Haven

Paper Economy

The Daily Reckoning - Australia