Thursday detectives from Danbury, CT and Bedford, NY returned to the crime scene where Zef Vulevic's body was found. They spent several hours during the morning searching the wooded area near Baldwin Road off Interstate 684.
Marash Gojcaj (left) and Zef Vulevic at Gusto Ristorante
Chef Zef Vulevic, aka Zef Vulaj and Joe Vuli currently reported arrest record:
• Police in Norwalk said Vulevic had been arrested on three occasions. He was wanted for failing to appear in state Superior Court in Norwalk. He missed a Feb. 18, 2004 court date for his three Norwalk arrest cases:
• 2000 arrest for second-degree breach of peace
• Feb 2001 arrest for second-degree assault
• Dec 2002 arrest for disorderly conduct.
• All three Norwalk arrests stemmed from domestic incidents in which Vulevic allegedly beat and injured his wife
• Vulevic had last been arrested and charged (third-degree assault & and breach of peace) in March 2003 for assaulting a waiter at Vuli, his revolving restaurant atop the Marriott hotel in Stamford, Conn.
• arrest in Derby for creating a public disturbance and fined-Aug. 29, 2003
• Vulevic also was wanted for failing to appear in state Superior Court in Danbury on Sept. 8, 2003 after being charged with driving with a suspended license
Police had been investigating slain restaurateur [Stamford Advocate, Apr. 30, 2004]
Police resume search of area where chef's body was found [News Times, Apr. 30, 2004]
Danbury Murder Mystery-update [April 29, 2004]
Was Gusto Ristorante Chef Chop Shop? [April 28, 2004]
Danbury Murder Mystery [April 27, 2004]
Friday, April 30, 2004